Tuesday 24 February 2009

Swans and Brides

Last Sunday, being the last one of the month, was a Surrey Swans get together.

I first visited there way back in July 2007 or thereabouts. I enjoy it a lot. I’ve always found it to be a lovely friendly and accepting kind of environment. Just as are the TV dinners.

Billie and Cathie are people that have helped me a lot. Both Surrey Swans and the TV dinners are things that they organise. And I know quite a few tgirls ... including myself ... who’s wives or partners have had a chance to get a first opportunity to meet another TV in an atmosphere where they didn’t feel outnumbered.

In fact, there are many people now that have helped me a lot through their acceptance of the alternative kind of me.

I spent a while chatting with Laura. All kinds of stuff. How nice it might be to have a how to apply makeup hints and tips evening. There’s a lot we can learn from each other I’m sure ... Laura’s eyes are especially immaculate. The challenges and the pleasures associated with the whole tgirl thing. Reminiscences of Pink Punters and Sparkle. And some of the whole tgirl philosophy kind of thing. The why’s and wherefore’s. We don’t really have answers other than knowing that it’s a part of who we are.

I come up with the idea that it would be fun to practice putting makeup on my wife. There is still some way to go on this one, though.

There was time as well to chat a little with Andrea (there are two Andreas that frequent the Swans), Susan, Billie, Cathie and Emma. Tina managed to sneak in without me seeing her.

Claire runs a florist / bridal wear shop somewhere in Berkshire. Last year she somehow came across my blog and emailed to ask if I and friends fancied the idea of an evening at the shop trying things on. At last there seems to be a real chance that this will happen ... Laura, Susan and Julia are interested as well as me. So far I only have an outline idea of how it will work ... but if it happens I’ll post pictures and stuff here.

No comments: